**The 2023 Request For Proposals (RFP) Is Now Available**
GOHS has been granted federal funds from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to promote the development and implementation of innovative programs to address highway safety problems related to motorcycle safety, occupant protection, impaired driving, traffic records/data, minority issues, and pedestrian/bicycle safety. Proposed programs must be data driven and based on proven countermeasures. The deadline for FY2023 new grant applications to be submitted in our online Grant Management System is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 28, 2022.
FEDERAL FY 2023 INITIAL REQUEST FOR PROPOSALopens PDF file
Any agency or organization planning to submit an application for a Federal FY 2023 Highway Safety Grant MUST have at least one representative attend a Grant Application Training Session. MANDATORY Grant Application Training was conducted online on January 6, 2022. The training will address program parameters, eligibility criteria, and eGOHS Plus online submission procedures.
The deadline for submitting new grant applications for Federal FY 2023 is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 28, 2022. No Exceptions!
DATA RESOURCES FOR APPLICANTS
- 2020 NHTSA Countermeasures That Workopens PDF file
- FARS Data
- NHTSA Traffic Safety Factsopens WORD file
- GOHS Data (2019 County Fact Sheets)
- Problem ID County Worksheets
- 2018 NHTSA Seatbelt Reportopens PDF file (October 2019 Traffic Safety Facts)
- CDC Child Passenger Safetyopens PDF file
- CDC Motor Vehicle Safety
- NHTSA Children Traffic Safety Fact Sheetopens PDF file
- GA OASIS (different criteria than FARS)
- The Community Guide to Best Practices (traffic safety)
- The Cochrane Review (traffic safety)
- GEEARS (demographic data)
- GHSA Publications
- GHSA Occupant Protection Best Practices Publication
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- County Health Rankings
For questions about the GOHS grantee application process, contact Candice Hamilton-Lawless at or 404-463-0632. Only those who attended application training are eligible to apply for a new, FY2023 grant.
For more information on the grant application process, visit Applying for a grant.
- opens in a new windowGrants Terms and Conditionsopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowGOHS PO Terms and Conditionsopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowAgency Information Formopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowVendor Management Formopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowVendor Management Instructionsopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowW-9 Taxpayer Identification Formopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowW-9 Taxpayer ID Instructionsopens PDF file