**The 2023 Request For Proposals (RFP) Is Now Available**
GOHS has been granted federal funds from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to promote the development and implementation of innovative programs to address highway safety problems related to motorcycle safety, occupant protection, impaired driving, traffic records/data, minority issues, and pedestrian/bicycle safety. Proposed programs must be data driven and based on proven countermeasures. The deadline for FY2023 new grant applications to be submitted in our online Grant Management System is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 28, 2022.
Any agency or organization planning to submit an application for a Federal FY 2023 Highway Safety Grant MUST have at least one representative attend a Grant Application Training Session. MANDATORY Grant Application Training was conducted online on January 6, 2022. The training will address program parameters, eligibility criteria, and eGOHS Plus online submission procedures.
The deadline for submitting new grant applications for Federal FY 2023 is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 28, 2022. No Exceptions!
DATA RESOURCES FOR APPLICANTS
- 2020 NHTSA Countermeasures That Work
- FARS Data
- NHTSA Traffic Safety Facts
- GOHS Data (2019 traffic fatality data and County Fact Sheets)
- Problem ID County Worksheets
- 2018 NHTSA Seatbelt Report (October 2019 Traffic Safety Facts)
- CDC Child Passenger Safety
- CDC Motor Vehicle Safety
- NHTSA Children Traffic Safety Fact Sheet
- GA OASIS (different criteria than FARS)
- The Community Guide to Best Practices (traffic safety)
- The Cochrane Review (traffic safety)
- GEEARS (demographic data)
- GHSA Publications
- GHSA Occupant Protection Best Practices Publication
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- County Health Rankings
For questions about the GOHS grantee application process, contact Candice Hamilton-Lawless at or 404-463-0632. Only those who attended application training are eligible to apply for a new, FY2023 grant.
For more information on the grant application process, visit http://www.gahighwaysafety.org/grants/applying-for-a-grant/.